10/17/19- Due to the popularity of our bits we're on a short back order. We will ship your order by Tuesday, 10/22. We promise it's worth the wait!
Hand-made in the USA with domestically-sourced metals. Lab-tested 100% free of lead and heavy metals! The 2nd Generation Imus Comfort Gait Bit™ is, to many, considered the most gentle and effective gaited horse bit on the market. Being comfortable in the mouth is essential for your horse to comfortably round up through the back, shoulders, neck, and poll. Natural collection is important to performing an evenly timed 4-Beat gait in good sound form.
Our 2nd Generation Imus Comfort Gait Bit is completely pinchless and has a mouthpiece that offers plenty of tongue relief encouraging the horse to drop his head into the bit rather than stiffening up against it. There is no break in the middle, preventing the “nutcracker effect”.
It is built with a copper roller to completely cover all moveable parts in the mouthpiece and has very smooth independent action from side-to-side and also at the cheek pieces.
The action of the bit when the rider takes on the reins gives a smooth rolling request in the mouth, allowing the rider to work their horse laterally as well as performing shoulder lifts, rein backs or half halts. The 2nd Generation Imus Comfort Gait Bit™ can be used for direct or neck reining.
There isn’t’ anything about our bit that makes it ‘gaited’. It’s simply designed for comfort for the horse and easy communication, which is important for any horse, gaited or non.
All Imus Bits purchased from Phoenix Rising Saddles are hand-made in Ohio, USA and have our registered trademark 4-Beat® logo engraved on them for authenticity.
Our bits are hand-made and we do not use molds. The metal is shaped by hand, resulting in a stronger and higher integrity metal. They are a work of true craftsmanship.
The mouthpiece is 5" but it accommodates between a 4 1/2" and 5 1/2" mouth. It's pinchless so if it's a little snug (not tight) at the corner of the lips it won't be uncomfortable or interfere with the action of the curb. If it fits a little large that's okay too because the bit is designed to give a nice rolling request at the lips and there is no point when the rider takes on the reins that the bit is pulled from side to side.
Improvements we have made to the 2nd Generation Imus Comfort Gait Bit™:
- Now precision engineered and made in the USA with the best material
- Re-engineered internal workings to strengthen working parts and facilitate the smoothest movement.
- Lengthened and slightly flattened the copper roller to cover all moveable parts in the mouthpiece. This completely covers the bushings to keep the bit completely pinchless, and prevents damage to structural integrity from torque. (pictures of lookalike bits often have their mouthpieces and copper rollers edited to look this way, but the bushings are actually exposed)
- Made bushings internal on the cheek-pieces to strengthen and prevent loosening and pinching
- Removed the side D's to make the bit lighter and less bulky. If you would like to have the benefits of the mouthpiece while working off a non-leverage snaffle setup, you can do this with our Imus Training Transition Bit.
- Manufactured with their original purchase-to-shank ratio, which is key to effect the proper sequence of actions with the bit.
- Manufactured with proper angles of lower shanks
- Backed by a 5 Year warranty
- Lab-tested 100% free of lead and other heavy metals
*Our Curb chain gives a soft touch with no pinching. Flexible yet strong beta-biothane straps with a double chain (welded together at points so it's pinchless) and buckles made of rust-resistant nickel.
Watch: Bitting the Gaited (and non-gaited) Horse (VIDEO)
Read: Ten Common Myths about Gaited Bits
Read: Why a Shanked Bit May NOT be Severe
Additional information that sets our bit above the rest:
Precision engineered using cutting edge technology
5 Year Manufacturer’s warranty!
Completely pinchless guaranteed
High Quality stainless steel used throughout = 100% RUST FREE
Best walking horse bit. Better than wonder bits!