See whats in stock & on sale!
Unsurpassed Comfort & Quality Since 2003
2nd Generation Imus Comfort Gait Bit
Don't trust the cheap imitations that loosen and break apart in horse's mouths. Go with the best!
2nd Generation Imus Comfort Gait Bit
5 Year Warranty
This site is dedicated to Brenda Imus- who dedicated her life to her family and friends, as well as to her enormous gaited horse family. She will always be missed! -More About Brenda Here
Imus 4-Beat® Elite
The Imus 4-Beat® Elite saddle offers all the quality and durability of the all-leather 4-Beat® saddle, but at a much lighter weight,and price!
- Only 24 lbs fully rigged
- Structurally Identical to the full leather version
- Oil and wax infused thread is used for the synthetic parts, offering durability and water and dirt resistance
Recent Customer Review!
7/5/18- "I just wanted you to know that I love my new black 4-Beat Elite Gaited Saddle along with pad, breast collar, and new matching bridle. I am so happy I purchased the lighter saddle which provides much easier handling. My horse looks great in the tack! Everything fits well, and with the bridging pad, he gaits smoothly and comfortably. And the seat is a very comfortable ride for me, also. Very nice quality products!"
Pam and Commander
Gaited Horse Saddle Fitting and Equitation (VIDEO)
A big topic of discussion is the best gaited horse saddle and tack for your gaited horse. Brenda Imus advocated for the sound training and riding techniques of the gaited horse. She developed a gaited saddle that has unique features that allows horses to move with complete freedom of movement, which is the cornerstone of developing an evenly timed 4-beat gait in good form. Gaited horses require an unusual degree of freedom of movement from back to front through their back, neck and poll. This presents a variety of challenges when fitting a gaited horse. In this saddle fitting video, Brenda Imus discusses gaited horse saddle fitting, conformation, different types of saddle trees, and how equitation affects your horse's movement. Discusses features of the Imus 4-Beat Gaited ® Saddle. (22 minutes)
Video: Bitting the Gaited (and non-gaited) Horse
In this video Brenda Imus demonstrates the dynamics of commonly used bits for both gaited and non-gaited horses. Informative and easy to understand, Brenda breaks down how different horse bits function in your horse's mouth when you take on the rein and explains why a bit should not be used to 'get gait'. From the Gaits from God 3 Part DVD Set HERE
How to Check for Saddle Fit
Does your gaited horse spook a lot? Do you have a problem with rushing, or is the horse herd bound or barn sour? Perhaps you hate that uncomfortable pace, but can’t seem to train him to the smoother gait you expected? Your problems may all be a result of your horse responding to a saddle that is causing pain. When I first started working with a wide variety of gaited horses, it became increasingly apparent that many common problems originated with discomfort experienced as the result of improper saddle fit, and dynamics. These are two separate, but related, issues.
Saddle fit – especially for Western style saddles – can be a problem because many...
Clarification about the Imus Line of Bits
We are often asked to clarify what exactly we improved about the Imus Line of Bits
Important Note: Phoenix Rising Saddles is the sole distributor of the Imus line of products. Our 2nd Generation Imus bits cost more to produce than what the imitations retail for. Other companies sell cheaper imitations of the older style bit made overseas and sell them under the name "Comfort Gait Bit" or "Training Transition Bit" and some of them even have the name “IMUS” stamped on them. All authentic 2nd Generation Imus bits have the registered trademark 4-Beat® log engraved on them to assure authenticity and can be purchased only through Phoenix Rising Saddles. If you have one of these bits and it has failed, we recommend contacting the original place of purchase to inquire about a warranty.These are not authentic Imus bits and Phoenix Rising Saddles has nothing to do with the manufacture, sale, or profit from the knock-offs.
- They are now precision engineered and made in the USA with the highest quality material available
- Re-engineered internal workings to strengthen working parts and facilitate the smoothest movement
- Lengthened and slightly flattened the copper roller to cover all moveable parts in the mouthpiece. This completely covers the bushings to keep the bit completely pinchless, and prevents damage to structural integrity from torque. (pictures of lookalike bits often have their mouthpieces and copper rollers edited to look this way, but the bushings are actually exposed)
- Made bushings internal on the cheek-pieces to strengthen and prevent loosening and pinching
- Removed the side D's to make the bit lighter and less bulky. If you would like to have the benefits of the mouthpiece while working off a non-leverage snaffle setup, you can do this with our 2nd Generation Imus Training Transition Bit™
- Manufactured with their original purchase-to-shank ratio, which is key to effect the proper sequence of actions with the bit
- Manufactured with proper angles of lower shanks
- Backed by a 5 Year warranty
Popular Training Articles
Dealing With a Pokey Young Horse