FREE SHIPPING NOW THROUGH MONDAY!
ON ORDERS OVER $50! QUALIFIED ORDERS JUST CHOOSE FREE SHIPPING AT CHECKOUT!
See whats in stock & on sale!
Unsurpassed Comfort & Quality Since 2003
2nd Generation Imus Comfort Gait Bit
Don't trust the cheap imitations that loosen and break apart in horse's mouths. Go with the best!
5 Year Warranty
This site is dedicated to Brenda Imus- who dedicated her life to her family and friends, as well as to her enormous gaited horse family. She will always be missed! -More About Brenda Here
Imus 4-Beat® Elite
The Imus 4-Beat® Elite saddle offers all the quality and durability of the all-leather 4-Beat® saddle, but at a much lighter weight,and price!
- Only 24 lbs fully rigged
- Structurally Identical to the full leather version
- Oil and wax infused thread is used for the synthetic parts, offering durability and water and dirt resistance
A Woman's Metamorphosis with Horses
You cannot remain unmoved by the gentleness and conformation of a well-bred & well trained horse--more than a thousand pounds of big-boned, well-muscled animal, slick of coat and sweet of smell, obedient and mannerly, and yet forever a menace with its inncoent power and ineradicable inclination to seek refuge in flight, and always a burden with its need to be fed, wormed, and shod, with its liability to cuts and infections, to laming and heaves. But when it greets you with a nicker, nuzzles your chest, and regards you with a large and liquid eye, the question of where you want to be and what you want to do has been answered.
--Albert Borgmann, Crossing the Postmodern Divide
Gaited Horse Saddle Fitting and Equitation (VIDEO)
Gaited horses require an unusual degree of freedom of movement from back-to-front. This presents a variety of challenges when fitting a gaited horse. Brenda Imus discusses gaited horse conformation, different types of saddle trees, and how equitation affects your horse's movement. Discusses features of the Imus 4-Beat ® Saddle. (22 minutes)
Video: Bitting the Gaited (and non-gaited) Horse
In this video Brenda Imus demonstrates the dynamics of commonly used bits for both gaited and non-gaited horses. Informative and easy to understand, Brenda breaks down how different horse bits function in your horse's mouth when you take on the rein and explains why a bit should not be used to 'get gait'. From the Gaits from God 3 Part DVD Set HERE
How to Check for Saddle Fit
Does your gaited horse spook a lot? Do you have a problem with rushing, or is the horse herd bound or barn sour? Perhaps you hate that uncomfortable pace, but can’t seem to train him to the smoother gait you expected? Your problems may all be a result of your horse responding to a saddle that is causing pain. When I first started working with a wide variety of gaited horses, it became increasingly apparent that many common problems originated with discomfort experienced as the result of improper saddle fit, and dynamics. These are two separate, but related, issues.
Saddle fit – especially for Western style saddles – can be a problem because many...
Clarification about the Imus Line of Bits
We are often asked to clarify what exactly we improved about the Imus Line of Bits
Important Note: Phoenix Rising Saddles is the sole distributor of the Imus line of products. Our 2nd Generation Imus bits cost more to produce than what the imitations retail for. Other companies sell cheaper imitations of the older style bit made overseas and sell them under the name "Comfort Gait Bit" or "Training Transition Bit" and some of them even have the name “IMUS” stamped on them. All authentic 2nd Generation Imus bits have the registered trademark 4-Beat® log engraved on them to assure authenticity and can be purchased only through Phoenix Rising Saddles. If you have one of these bits and it has failed, we recommend contacting the original place of purchase to inquire about a warranty.These are not authentic Imus bits and Phoenix Rising Saddles has nothing to do with the manufacture, sale, or profit from the knock-offs.
- They are now precision engineered and made in the USA with the highest quality material available
- Re-engineered internal workings to strengthen working parts and facilitate the smoothest movement
- Lengthened and slightly flattened the copper roller to cover all moveable parts in the mouthpiece. This completely covers the bushings to keep the bit completely pinchless, and prevents damage to structural integrity from torque. (pictures of lookalike bits often have their mouthpieces and copper rollers edited to look this way, but the bushings are actually exposed)
- Made bushings internal on the cheek-pieces to strengthen and prevent loosening and pinching
- Removed the side D's to make the bit lighter and less bulky. If you would like to have the benefits of the mouthpiece while working off a non-leverage snaffle setup, you can do this with our 2nd Generation Imus Training Transition Bit™
- Manufactured with their original purchase-to-shank ratio, which is key to effect the proper sequence of actions with the bit
- Manufactured with proper angles of lower shanks
- Backed by a 5 Year warranty
BBB Accredited & Top Rated eBay Power Seller
Popular Training Articles
3 DVD Training Set
Dealing With a Pokey Young Horse